Monday, April 24, 2006

Sore Shoulder

My right shoulder is sore. My son recently started playing in the town's baseball league. Notice a pattern here? He starts to play and I wind up with a sore shoulder. Not only that, but the lawn is only half cut.

Yesterday afternoon, after the rain had abated, I went out to cut the grass. At every possible moment, I was being asked, "Daddy, will you throw me a few?" I kept relenting. I'll say that my son's catching ability is not very well developed, but I also know that the two things that will cure that are practice and coaching. I will do my part to make sure that he gets them. (Personally, I think that baseball is a lousy sport from a health and fitness point-of-view, but at least it's not couch time.) Most of baseball is standing around, and it's punctuated very occasionally by some upper body activity either preceded or followed by a sprint and an occasional very short jog.

Anyway, we chose to use a lacrosse ball yesterday to keep from having the damp grass soak a real ball. I'm glad to get to play, but I'm also glad he's in a track program.

1 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

Howdy! Last Sunday took my granddaughter to see the movie, "benchwarmers," kinda gross, but does remind me of real baseball grossness...Happy trails, Bruce

April 25, 2006 4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home