Thursday, April 20, 2006

Shouted At!

This morning, I went out for my run. I'd gone very short - probably 2 miles on Tuesday, then nothing yesterday. Today I did the "45 minute" loop. The legs still feel beat, but very little soreness. As I got into the run, I had to decide how long to run. Should I do the "35 minute" loop or the 45? Then I asked myself, what would the big dogs do (the guys whose blogs I read who i put in that category are Duncan Larkin and Mike Salkowski)? The answer was obvious, do the 45, so I did.

As I was nearing the end of my run, I heard a voice. It wasn't the "nice ass" guy. This guy was coaching! "Your hands are flopping all over. Hold 'em steady!" I shouted back, "Who are you?" (He looked a lot like a coach I know.) "Just a runner," was his reply. He moved ahead as the light changed, but got caught by the next red. I ran across and introduced myself, he did the same, we shook hands. From his comments, it was clear he knew a bit about running. It was a nice little exchange. It made me think a bit about the "community post".

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

C'mon Wayne, we all know Duncan would have done the HOUR loop! Thanks for the mention, I cut my long run at 45 minutes to hide Easter eggs so perhaps I'm not the best example (did finish the run after though). Glad to see you're running this soon after, the foot must be feeling ok.

April 20, 2006 10:25 PM  
Blogger robison52 said...

Gosh Wayne, that "nice ass" moment was wayyyy back in January 2005...it must have been a significant emotional event!

April 21, 2006 5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home