Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Mental Weakness

Last night, I had the pleasure of seeing my Boston Red Sox trounce their archrival, the New York Yankees, by the score of 14-3. While it was nice to see that happen, a lot of it seemed to come from Randy Johnson having lost confidence in his pitching, particularly in his fastball. I have great respect for most of the Yankees as players, though some, like Johnny Damon, are seen by me as traitors. (Of course, there's a long history of Boston players chasing New York money, so his behavior is not without precedent.)

So, I guess what I'm saying is, "couldn't happen to a better team, I'm just sorry that Johnson had to be the victim." I hope he gets his head together. I'd hate to see his career come to an end because he'd lost confidence, though his physical skills are still mostly intact.

I should also note that mental weakness is something I've had some recent experience with, and watching Johnson suffer with it wasn't pleasant.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vince Hemingson said...

Scooter.

Get thee to a 5K Race!

Twenty minutes of after-burners will have you in a new state of mind...

Nothing like a little time spent in the heart of your lactate threshold to get your Mojo back!

May 10, 2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Vince,
A) If I want to use the afterburners, a 4x800 relay will really kick 'em in. Nothing like 3 other guys counting on you and the piano on your back after 300m to get you to fire them up!
B) I can only assume that YOU have stolen my Mojo, since I didn't realize it was missing. GIVE IT BACK OR I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN!

May 11, 2006 9:17 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I was SO glad to see that the Sox killed the Yankee's. Buh bye Johnny, we don't miss you at all.

May 11, 2006 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home