Monday, July 31, 2006

A Good Workout

Yesterday morning, I ran just shy of an hour and 10 minutes. It was a solid workout, over a hilly course. I added a bit to it by doing a few fartleks during the run. When I got home, my wife and son were prepping for a bike ride to the bagel shop.

They left, and I stripped off my wet running clothes, put on my bike clothes and jumped on my utility bike to go meet them. I got to the shop and rode around, looking for their bikes, but didn't spot them. I rode to the other places in town where they might have gone; no bikes there, either.

I decided to return to the bagel shop, and as I aproached, I saw my wife and son unlocking their bikes from a railing at the Kentucky Fried Chicken next door. They'd used the railing to keep the bikes out of trouble while they had their bagels. We then rode about six miles through a series of parks.

On arriving home, we showered and went to my in-laws to go swimming. We arrived home in the evening, and I was pretty fatigued.

Saturday's post was almost called "Jogging With Javelins" because that's what I spent most of the afternoon doing. Running back with javelins to the throwers in order to permit them to throw again with minimal work in the heat and sun of Saturday.

3 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

Howdy! Talk about your an active lifestyle, your post takes the cake!! Running, biking, and then swimming...you should train for a triathlon too.
Happy trails, Bruce

July 31, 2006 6:10 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

I can't swim!

July 31, 2006 9:43 PM  
Blogger robison52 said...

Howdy! You're never too old to learn swimming!! Happy trails, Bruce

August 01, 2006 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home