Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Weeping

My poison ivy continues to worsen. I now have a mild outbreak on my chest. I don't know if I've been transferring it to myself, skin to skin - that's not supposed to happen, but I suspect if there's poison ivy oil (urushiol) on or in the skin, it may infect other areas.

I'd washed with soap fairly quickly after the exposure, but the FDA website suggests rubbing alcohol. I'll do that next time. Meantime, I'm watching my popped blisters put forth a yellowish ooze that crusts over. It's nasty, but I suspect that what I'm going through pales in comparison to Vince Hemingson's experience with a chemical peeling agent being used on his entire face (against the doctor's suggestion). Vince's bitching can be found here.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Thinking Runner said...

That sucks! Hope it goes away soon. However, I read that once the oil has been washed away, the rashes are not contagious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urushiol-induced_contact_dermatitis

July 19, 2006 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home