Friday, July 07, 2006

A Simple Goal

I've established a simple goal for myself at Utica this weekend...to run the entire thing. I will permit myself to walk as I take a drink, but aside from that, no walking. I've struggled lately in races. I think I've lost some fitness, and the discomfort involved in racing has resulted in my cracking with some regularity. I've decided I'm going to go slow enough not to crack. This will take discipline, which I seem to have been given in a very limited dose. I'll doubtless post a time that will not make me feel good, but the same will happen if I run too fast.

I'll be making a second post today that should point to one of the roots of my struggle and show what I'm doing to correct it.

2 Comments:

Blogger runningDeb said...

If you want to run slow and steady join us. My goal is also to run the entire thing at sustainable pace. Good luck and have fun and maybe I'll see you in the crown.

July 07, 2006 8:17 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Good luck!!

July 07, 2006 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home