Monday, July 10, 2006

What's With All The Ads?

On my recent "Tyranny of The Log" post, Mike, author of the excellent Running With Lydiard blog, asked the question, "What's with all the ads?" My response to Mike follows:

Mike,

I am aware you've been reading my blog for a while. Believe it or not, the ads have been there for several months. I had made a change recently, removing the message about the kids at Russell Elementary School in Missoula, MT, and adding Google's search. It does point out how point-of-view changes our perception. I'm always amazed how different a route I run in one direction can look very different when I run it in the other direction.

Regarding the benefit of the ads, I will say that the money I've earned thus far is virtually nil. Perhaps I need to start blogging about mortgages and financial services, because then I could get linked to more premium keywords.

Wayne

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I really didn't notice them before, though my mind might just be trained to overlook them by now. What caught my eye was a "lose weight fast without trying" type of ad that stood out in stark contrast to what your blog is actually about...namely, promoting a healthy lifestyle.

Now irony is something I'm not yet trained to overlook!

July 10, 2006 10:17 PM  
Blogger robison52 said...

Howdy! Like Mike, I rarely notice advertisements from forum sites (like about.com) and pass them by without even a cursory glance. Happy trails, Bruce

July 11, 2006 2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home