Friday, July 20, 2007

Basking in Reflected Glory

On Sunday, my club, the Shore Athletic Club of New Jersey, won the USATF National Club Championship, capturing the men's and women's titles, and as a result, the combined title as well.
I continue to bludgeon my body, trying to get it to run in something approximating the style that I want. Yesterday, I spent about 20 minutes running away from my home, then pulled a U-turn and ran back home. That 40 minutes felt pretty comfortable.
I have a 5K race on Wednesday evening. This will be a rematch with my 8 year-old son, who beat me on Mmemorial Day. I think we are almost evenly matched right now, so it will be interesting to see the outcome. Meantime, my son has announced his desire to try a 10K, so in mid-September we'll run one in the town I grew up in. It will be an effort of almost an hour for him. A big milestone for him. We'll see how ready he is. I think he'll be surprised, but will do OK.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

Must be great to compete with your son! You are a fantastic role model for him, when growing up I wish I had a father like you!

July 20, 2007 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home