Sunday, July 15, 2007

Jumbo Shrimp

Recently, Bruce "Vegas Runner" Robison referred to my Boilermaker as a training race. It struck me that that term is every bit as much of an oxymoron as jumbo shrimp. To be a race, a hard effort is required, and you must be trained well enough to run a personal best, whether for a time period, or your lifetime. I was not prepared, and as a result, my Boilermaker was a training run, albeit a very social one.

I find myself in the heart of the summer racing season in awful aerobic condition and without much toughness. Regardless, I'm hitting many of my usual races. So, are these training races? I guess the term "training race" is pretty accurate.

Chalk one up for Bruce.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

Aw shucks, I actually chalked one up!?!

Your race, although not as tough as in the past, still puts you in a mindset of improving your condition and the visualization of your previous races on the same terrain would be very motivational! I can imagine how frustrating it is to run in these races in "awful aerobic condition," but I know with consistency you'll improve and be better than before.

Hang tough and be gentle with yourself.

July 16, 2007 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home