Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Sore Shoulder

On Sunday, my right shoulder was sore and a little stiff. At first, I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized that after driving 90+ miles and missing one of my athlete's race at the USATF regional meet, I had made myself available to the meet director as a volunteer. I spent the rest of my morning rolling shots back towards the putters and pulling tape measures taut.
I think my favorite thing was seeing the smallest girl in the youngest age group win. Why? She'd obviously been coached well, and her form was superb. She threw well, and seemed very focused and disciplined. It was nice to see.
Meantime, my athlete had set a PR. Having others around you tends to help keep you focused. He ran well, and his time was about 15 seconds faster than any previous race. His 3000 meters time was just under 12:15. I was proud of him, as was his family.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home