Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Class Act and Some Idiocy

LoLo Jones was all over the reports from Beijing when she hit hurdle number nine and had the race pass her by as she struggled to stay on her feet. She didn't whine or complain, just asked, "Why here?" To me, that was a real class act, she moves up a couple of natches in my book.

Now the idiocy - the USA sends two 4x100 teams to the Olympics, how do both the men's and women's teams drop their batons? I coach kids, and the most important thing I try to teach them is "get the stick around." You can run relatively slowly and beat every team that drops the baton. These people are supposed to be our best; how do they make a stupid mistake like this? There is one way to make sure this doesn't happen...practice! Not only that, but after the men dropped, why didn't the women take a lesson from it? To me, it's inexcusable.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home