Friday, July 18, 2008

Crossing Paths

En route back from my run yesterday, I ran into a guy I would often race against. He's been racing more in short triathlons. He posed a question to me about long races, specifically, "Did I think doing long races was healthy?" My response was, essentially, they aren't unhealthy, but they can beat you up a lot, and that may be a price you don't choose to pay. It seems clear to me that long races are unhealthy for those with biomechanical issues...well, more exactly, likely to exacerbate your injury/condition, but probably neutral for those who do not have problems...though there are minor health issues, like the sun exposure of your skin during the event, risk of crashes/falls/injuries during an event, etc.
Later in the day, I was walking around town and found a local runner/coach was now managing the local store of a chain of running stores. We talked a bit about some other local runners, etc. It was a nice visit.
I mentioned my recent trip to Utica, and have posted some pictures on the blog attached to my club's website, here and here. You may want to stop by and take a look.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home