Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Running Meatball

Ten days ago, when I ran the five miles, I'd suffered from the dreaded "chub rub," with my overly meaty thighs chafing to the point of having "polka dot" scabbing the next day. A few days later, I ran in my least favorite pair of running shorts. They're a pair of Nikes, which I purchased a few years back when I realized when headed for an evening race that I'd mispacked my bag. They're too long, nylon taffeta and they hold stink really well - I think it's the lining. I noticed as I wore them that I chafed very minimally, so it struck me that the trend towards longer shorts might also be a function of the trend towards obesity on American society.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

chaffing is such a big issue for me. Body glide helps, but I usually have to wear biker type shorts underneath.

August 22, 2008 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home