Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Going Long

I walked 8 laps this morning, covering 6.4 miles in an hour and 25 minutes, so I was moving at a 13.28 minute pace...for a guy who could get into the low 10's a few years back, that number looks awful. But I did manage to do a "long" workout. I probably should have gone another lap to get past that 90 minute mark, but I was feeling a bit soft as I finished. I think my knees will be whining a bit tonight and tomorrow.
On Saturday, I'd gone down to an area race with my son. It's an end-of-summer cross-country race that is a shakedown for area racers. My son commented that he could beat a lot of the girls in the high school race. He rarely runs cross, so may be neglecting the time penalty of varied soft surfaces.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home