Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Guilt!

Last Friday, Independence Day, the local 4-mile race was held. I did not run, as my pasty, fat thighs were not up to the task. One of my friends was there, and we went to lunch in a group after the race. He laid into me about getting out of shape. Guilt is good!
On Saturday, my nine year-old son, perhaps inspired by 16 year-old Jordan Hasay's efforts in the 1500 at the Olympic Trials, announced that he wanted to run in the Olympics. The result was a family run where his goal was an hour. My goal was just to go as long as I reasonably could. I ran then walked for 90 minutes. mOn my return, I ran into one of my racewalking friends.
Tonight, after a couple of days of my calves being knotted badly, I walked about 2.4 miles (3 laps of the park). Early in my walk, I saw some deer in the woods. I started to walk towards them, and one snorted and bolted sending the others on their way. I don't know if the snort is a danger signal. Later in the walk, a bicyclist rode into the park doing a rebel yell. I was closing to the park entry and I think I spooked him a bit. He switched his headlight from flash to steady. Then he made a comment about a ghost (me).

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

I don't think the snort was a danger signal, the deer just started to practice sprinting and one deer had to blow a snot rocket.

Your friend is a keeper as he tells you like it is! Get yourself back into shape...we all know you can do it.

The biker thought you was a ghost because you're so pasty???

July 09, 2008 4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home