Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dinner and a Show

On Saturday evening, I went to a chain Mexican restaurant (no, not the one whose initials ar TB) and saw a slightly familiar face there. It was a guy in a running shirt. As it turned out, it was a guy whose name I knew, and we'd likely been introduced several years back, but neither of us remembered the other. We chatted for several minutes while his wife patiently sat by. After this, I ate my dinner and during this, enjoyed a show.
This restaurant has a menu item, the Enchilada Dos Manos (two-handed enchilada), and if you finish it, you get a $5 gift certificate. Three young guys came in. Two ordered the Dos Manos, and began eating. During the time, they were laughing and joking around. Their friend was using a cell phone camera to take pictures. I should say that both of these guys were 20ish, apparently in good shape, and pretty big, probably about 200 lbs each, maybe a bit over. The eventual result was both did manage to finish and get the gift certificates.
While I can't either condone or encourage this kind of overeating, it was fun to watch them going at it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home