Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Scared $&!+less!

On Sunday, I found myself having to rehang a climbing rope on the rock wall at my YMCA. In order to do that, I needed to get out a man lift, crank myself up twice (OK, I had help the second time), to a height of about 25 feet. That put my head at 30+ feet up. Then I needed to pass a piece of parachute cord through first a pulley, then an eye.
Having an acrophobe do this may not be the best thing. I'd done this about 8 weeks ago, and got through it OK, but this time, I was really struggling with the height issue. I don't know if it was little tics as the beam on the man-lift rose, its springiness, or what, but on Sunday, it was frightening.
I got the job done, but had to look my fear square in the eyes.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home