Friday, September 16, 2005

A MADD, MADD World

Lose 10 pounds fast! No unhealthy drugs!
I'm in my mid-40's. Back when I was young, drinking and driving was typically not regarded as a serious offense. I remember a guy on my track team who died in a drunk driving accident. He'd moved to the area not too long before, and the thing I remember most strongly about his death was seeing his older sister a couple of weeks later, after she'd returned to school. Her face was red, and she looked liked she'd been crying since the accident.

A book I read recently pointed out that Mothers Against Drunk Driving was not founded until 1980. They managed to achieve such a degree of ubiquity in our society that it feels like they've always been around. They do good work, and I support thier efforts.
Lose 10 pounds fast! No unhealthy drugs!
Needless to say, don't drink and drive! And if you are trying to lose weight, don't drink at all. Alcohol is very calorie dense, it contains no nutrition, and is hard for the body to metabolize it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mia Goddess said...

Don't forget that once they're a bit tipsy from the alcohol, lots of people throw controlled eating out the door! Two or three glasses of wine later, and people start heading for the sampler platters.

September 17, 2005 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home