Monday, February 20, 2006

You Don't Want To Go Down There Right Now

"You don't want to go down there right now", said the cop, as I ran over to him. I'd seen four cars heading into the park as I climbed towards it; a unmarked car with lights flashing, then a marked car who used his siren a bit, then another unmarked with lights off, and another marked car with lights off. I volunteered to the cop that I knew whatever was happening was fairly big, as I'd seen all these cars, and offered to help with whatever it was if they needed another body. He told me they had a report of someone shooting. Message received - they weren't going to put me in jeopardy too. I wished him well and told him to be safe and continued with my long run.

Forty minutes later, I came back through the park. Many of the cops were still there. As I came down the hill, there was a cop at the highway. I don't know if he was doing speed checks or if he was the distant pursuit car (or some combination of the two).

Regardless, I put in a hilly 2:10, which I'm counting as 15.3. The legs felt a bit soft from about 1:30 onward. I've got to work the long ones. I worked hard on this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home