Thursday, October 26, 2006

My Experiment with Caffeine

For the past couple of years, I haven't been sleeping well. I thought it was just part of the aging process. After hearing some stuff about caffeine, I decided to give a try to cutting my intake of tea in order to find out if it was causing my sleep trouble.

I generally didn't care much for water, as it tends to taste of chlorine. We have a Brita jug, and it does a pretty good job of getting rid of the chlorine taste.

My experiment seemed to be working. Having spent most of two weeks at much reduced levels of tea, I slipped up on the day before yesterday and followed it with a bad night's sleep. That clinched it, my problem was the caffeine.

I seem to tolerate it OK in moderate amounts, but if I take in much in the evening, then I'll sleep badly. As a result, my plan is limited amounts of caffiene during daylight hours, and none in the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home