Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Best Looking Shoes In the Race!

As I was leaving yesterday's race, an older man commented that I had the best looking shoes in the race. I'm glad something looked good, because I didn't! I had started training, and a string of unusual time demands, bad weather, and laziness got me away from my plans. The good news was that as little as my training was, it was enough to get me through the 5K distance without walking.
My wife, son and I all ran in the 5K race. We ran with my sister-in-law, her two sons, and her brother. I am sorry to have to report that among our group, I finished last. My gun time put me at a 10:02 per mile, and I'd guess about 10 seconds less if I were to check chip time.
Before the race, I did some work as a volunteer, putting up some flags, filling water cups, moving sand bags (keeping an American flag from blowing down), and clipping chips from the 10K race held earlier. While clipping chips, two runners (both happened to be women) put their foot onto the rail and were twitching with muscle fatigue. I think it means they overdid by quite a bit, but they seemed otherwise OK.
So, the aftermath of the race and goal evaluation put me here: my wife beat me (a goal not met), but I ran every step of the 5K (a goal met). My reaction is that I did OK, but not quite what I should have.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

Congrats on returning to racing!!! You're so fortunate to have a family that runs..."The family that runs together, lives long together." Live Long and Prosper...apologies to Spock.

May 30, 2008 5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home