Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hot Spot

This morning, during my training, I was about 2 miles from done when my left foot started telling me I had a problem. I don't know if it was a sock bunching or slippage in the shoe, but I had a hot spot. Do I stop and adjust or plow forward in hopes that it won't develop into anything more severe than a an irritation? I chose to plow ahead. When I got back to the gym, I knew I'd blistered. It was fairly small, about the size of a dime, on my left big toe.

About the time that I noticed the hot spot, I heard a siren behind me. I was running on the shoulder, opposing traffic. A car was trying to pull over, and I was in his way. I bounded the curb and waved him over. Moments later, a cop goes by, running full lights and really hammering. After my "guy shooting" incident of a couple of days before, I was doing what I could to make sure the cop could move as risk free as possible. About a quarter mile up the road, I saw the cop with a car pulled over in a parking lot on my side of the road. As best as I could tell, it was some dope who blew through a light or was speeding.

3 Comments:

Blogger Arbit said...

nice blog..

February 22, 2006 6:24 PM  
Blogger robison52 said...

Howdy! Did you finally determine what caused the hot spot? Happy trails, Bruce

February 23, 2006 4:36 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Bruce,
Not sure, sock seemed bunched, but foot seemed to move a bit in the new shoes, too.

February 24, 2006 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home