Monday, February 27, 2006

Released From Sickbay

I spent the weekend sick. Not really bad sick, but sick nonetheless. A lot of the time was spent prepping my son's Pinewood Derby car for Cub Scouts. He used the band saw to cut the block and still has 10 fingers! I hacksawed some steel bar stock to use as weights, and he helped file the ends to smoothness. I've been trying to follow some of the tips on some of the "how to win at Pinewood Derby" websites. We're now up to needing to paint. I'm trying to decide if adding another weight will be useful or a waste of time. Last year, to get to maximum weight, I put about 15 screws into the bottom. I'd prefer to use fewer this year, but have had to do a lot of work machining weights.

Meanwhile, on the training front, I blew off Sat and Sun using illness as the excuse. I have to say excuse as I could have gotten out there - it was cold AND windy and frankly, I wimped out. I need a drill sergeant chewing my ear off - No exuse, Sir! I'm feeling better today, but will probably do the mill thing tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vince Hemingson said...

Scooter! Drop and give me fifty!

Not running because of the... now let me get this straight... the WEATHER!?!

What kind of example are you setting! This is not the Scooter I know!

I did 20 on Friday and 28 on Sunday powered by Motrin and caffiene!

Granted, I dropped back five pace groups in order to do it.

You have to practice what you preach. And by the way, how is that a man who is doing 1:27 Halfs, is not cranking out 3:10 marathons???

Luving ya on the other side of the continent.

Drill Sargeant Vince

February 27, 2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger Vince Hemingson said...

Running Links

Ultimate marathon site
Ready2Run
Lose Weight with Scooter!
See Joe Run
LoraRuns
Running in Helsinki

You should have been feeling the love for a while... :)

February 28, 2006 11:20 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Sir,
Thank you for the kick in the pants. A fairly easy on on the mill last night, then after about a 9-hour break, about 6.5 this AM.

February 28, 2006 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home