Friday, August 25, 2006

Last Sunday

On Sunday, I took advantage of being a bit further north to go running in Essex County, NJ's South Mountain Reservation. As a kid, I was unaware of it, but my older sister had made a class trip to Turtleback Zoo, which is housed in the park.

After my run, I walked back over a portion of my run, and as I walked in, there was a group of three people walking in. It turned out that it was a soul singer (apparently a very good one), her husband and her grandaughter. The singer's name was Bettye LaVette (well, at least that's her stage name). Her website is here and you can see one of her performances on YouTube (I don't know about the copyright issues.)

Anyway, I took a few pictures, though it was too humid for any good vistas. It was a nice experience.

I tried to get on Blogger to post earlier today and it was REALLY doggy! I'm getting annoyed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

I had problems with blogger yesterday too. Today seems better. So far.

August 26, 2006 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home