Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Tyranny Of The Each

When you are waiting to make a turn out of a roadway, each car matters. Ignore one and make your turn and you'll have an accident. Today, my son wanted to "play tennis", an activity that I hadn't participated in in more than a decade. I played tennis, and tonight, my back tightened up. I was clearly not ready to be torsionally loading my back.

In a similar vein, when preparing for a race, especially for the marathon, each workout has a job to do, and doing each one matters. Leaving out the long runs will put you in trouble in the latter portions of a race. Leaving out the speed work will mean a slower race than your condition dictates, and the associated worse placing.

Each and every part matters, whether we're talking about our bodies, our training plans, or almost anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home