Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lots of Things to Post (and Too Little Time)

I've been haunted by something I saw twoo weeks ago. I was at an intersection, about the third car back. There is a left turn arrow in the opposing direction. When that arrow turns off, cars often try to slide through before the traffic in the direction I was travelling gets moving. That day, they just didn't stop. One guy made the turn partway, then a shouting match got underway. His vehicle was an SUV, his wife? was in the passenger seat. She's cursing up a storm at the guy who had to stop for them not yielding. This was bad enough, but the license plate seemed to indicate that he was a firefighter. It seems to me that someone who is involved in rescues from the carnage of car wrecks would be a careful driver. I'm puzzled - does he think his status as a firefighter protects him from harm? From tickets? From his "Bitch-on-wheels" of a wife? I just don't get it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger robison52 said...

I'm a cab driver and often see crazy driving as road rage has hit a fever pitch with more traffic than ever before...everyone thinks they're special and above the law, which unfortunately includes policemen and firemen...celebrities too. Cab driving is an extremely high stress job, if it wasn't for my running being a pressure valve I would be a nervous wreck with ulcers!

June 19, 2008 4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home